Side Hustle U. is now open!
What you’ll find…
- Common Assumption: A 9 to 5 job will lead to financial freedom (maybe, maybe not…)
- Real Life: Unless you’re debt free today, you need a way to make extra money.
- Yours Free: Side Hustle U., tips and tricks on my favorite subject: side hustling.
If you have a financial goal, if you’re sick of debt, if you’re looking for financial freedom, then you’re in the right place.
One of the top reasons why people start side hustles is to make extra money to be able to pay off debt and achieve financial freedom.
I know, it’s taboo to talk about money (especially debt). But if we don’t talk about it, if we don’t deal with it, then debt will continue to loom in the background of our minds…
Debt is frustrating. Debt is infuriating. Debt is exhausting. Debt holds us back from pursuing our hopes and dreams. Debt keeps us tied to jobs we don’t always love.
I know. I’ve been there.
For years, I let debt hold me back in my career and my personal life. I was afraid of losing my job, afraid of not being able to make my payments, afraid of ruining my credit. Debt was on my mind constantly.
Finally, I decided enough was enough…
So Who Am I and What Do I Know?!
My name is Claudia Pennington and I’m a digital marketing consultant and proponent of side hustling. I was also in debt.
In 2015, my husband, Garrett, and I put together a plan to get out of debt: cut our expenses and then increase our income with a side hustle. We decided debt wasn’t going to hold us back any longer. We decided to get rid of debt, once and for all.
And two years later, we eliminated 100% of our debt.
Every plan, every goal, starts with a dream. Ask yourself…
- What would your life look like if you achieved the financial goal you have in mind?
- What would your life look like if you didn’t have any debt?
- What would you do differently in your life if you were debt free?
- Would you change careers?
- Would you buy a home?
- Would you take a big vacation?
As inspiring as dreaming can be, dreams remain dreams without two critical components: a plan and massive action.
You might be thinking, “I want to pay off all of my debt, too. How do I make this happen?”
- First, you need a plan.
- Second, you need to take massive action.
But what do I do? and how? and when?
That’s why we created Side Hustle U.
- Side Hustle U. will help you prepare for and create a successful side hustle.
- Side Hustle U. will help you put together a plan for your own respective financial goal.
- Side Hustle U. will inspire you to take massive action to achieve your financial goal.
Why is this preparation so important?
And if you don’t know where you’re going
Any road will take you there
George Harrison, “Any Road”
In 2014, we had NO plan. We had NO goals. We had NO money. But we had a LOT of debt.
In 2015, we created a plan. We set a goal to be debt free in one to two years. We budgeted our income. And we increased our income significantly with a side hustle to help us crush our debt.
In 2017, we achieved our goal, exactly two years after we set our goal. This was no accident. This was the result of our plan.
We’re serious about success. If you want to be successful, if you want to achieve your goals, financial or otherwise, you must have a plan. Check out these Side Hustle U. blog posts to start crafting a plan for your side hustle journey.
- The One Thing You Need to Know Before You Start a Side Hustle
- Establishing Focused Blocks of Time for Your Side Hustle
- Create a SMART Goal for Your Side Hustle
- Leverage Your Strengths & Experiences to Start Your Side Hustle
- How to Conquer the Fear You Have About Selling
- Researching Side Hustle Ideas
- Choosing a Niche for Your Side Hustle
- How to Get Your Name Out There